My favorite bok choy salad recipe! Fresh, healthy, easy to make and just a little exotic.
Winter’s finally gone – don’t let the door hit you in the butt on the way out, winter! – and I decided to celebrate by creating a bok choy salad recipe that celebrates with me.
It looks like it’s throwing a party, right? Whoo-hoo!
The bok choy packs suitcases full of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants, and it’s water-rich. The bell peppers, green onion and carrot are fully charged with similar good stuff, and all for almost no calories.
I threw some peanuts in there because delicious, and also because fiber, protein and even more antioxidants. There’s hardly anything in this salad recipe that isn’t antioxidant.
Antioxidants = feeling awesome.
The dressing is pleasantly fierce. It’s got lots of Asian flavors like ginger, garlic, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and hot Chinese mustard. In other words, TASTE BUD PARTY.
I love food that bites back a little, and if you do too you’re going to fall in love with this dressing. If you prefer love nibbles from your food, try cutting the garlic, ginger and mustard by half.
The bok choy I used in this salad recipe was the other half of the bok choy from this Spicy Quinoa and Bok Choy Stir Fry. Buy one head of bok choy, get two healthy recipes out of it!
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
Easy, Fresh Bok Choy Salad Recipe with Asian Ginger Salad Dressing is super healthy and perfect spring/summer eats!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1" piece fresh ginger, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbs seasoned or regular rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs hot Chinese mustard (look in the Asian section of any supermarket) or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 c sesame oil (olive oil works too)
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 head bok choy, leaves torn and whites sliced on a diagonal
- 5 green onions, chopped (stems too)
- 3 mini bell peppers or 1 smallish bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, shaved with veggie peeler
- 1/4 c plain roasted peanuts, crushed (for topping)
- To make the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or power blender and puree completely smooth.
- Combine all the salad ingredients and toss. Top with dressing and peanuts. Makes 2 large salads.
[img src="http://eathealthyeathappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bok_choy_nutrition.png" width="254" height="318" class="aligncenter size-full" title="bok choy salad nutrition" alt="bok choy salad nutrition"]
Pin this bok choy salad recipe to your most deliciousness-filled boards. Bok choy is one of my favorite veggies. How do you bok choy?