Simple banana nice cream fancied up with fresh cherries! A feel-good DIY soft serve treat.
Banana nice cream is really cool. Ha ha, literally. But seriously, it’s really cool. Frozen bananas whipped up into a creamy soft-serve in the food processor is totally awesome. I’m treating myself to soft serve and eating a bunch of bananas and they’re the same thing!
Also, I love the name “nice cream.” Ice cream, but nice. On many levels. Nice cream!
Nice cream is fabulous, even right out of the food processor. I know this because ever time I make a batch, I stand there and eat half of pretty much as soon as it’s done. But hey, it’s just bananas. Think of all the potassium I’m getting.
This week though, I decided to do a little experiment and mix some fresh cherries up in my nice cream. I loved it! As soon as I saw that pretty pink color it had my heart. The sweet-tart cherry flavor was a bonus.
Cherry banana nice cream, all scooped up and ready to go. A little bowl of delightful summer refreshment. I wish I could hand it to you! And get one for myself, and we could sit down under a tree in my backyard and marvel at how delicious cherry banana nice cream is. And then have another round, inevitably.
But I’m happy that it’s really easy to make, and that’s the next best thing to handing you a bowl. Four or five bananas, sliced and frozen, blended with frozen cherry chunks, a teeny tablespoon of maple syrup to sweeten it up and literally a dash of salt. If you hit the store after work, you can be digging into nice cream just a couple hours later.
And it’s bananas! Lovely, healthy bananas! How cool. Is that.
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
Banana nice cream blended with sweet, fresh cherries. Easy to make, super healthy and delicious!
2 hrPrep Time
2 hrTotal Time
- 4-5 bananas, sliced into about 3/4" chunks
- about 2 cups cherries, pitted
- 1-2 Tbs pure maple syrup (or agave)
- dash salt
- Arrange the banana slices into a single-ish layer in a big freezer bag or on a waxed paper-lined plate or cookie sheet. Freeze 1-2 hours, or until frozen firm but not rock hard. Do the same with the pitted cherries.
- If you leave the fruit in the freezer until it's hard, let it thaw slightly before blending.
- Run the cherries through the food processor until roughly chopped. Remove to a bowl.
- Process the banana chunks until completely smooth and creamy. This may take several minutes and some stirring. Add the maple syrup and dash of salt. Add the cherries back in and pulse until just combined. Taste and add more sweetener if you like.
- Enjoy soft right away, or freeze for about 30 minutes or an hour to let it firm up.
Pin this cherry banana nice cream craziness!
Here’s something a lot like banana nice cream, and I love it just as much. It’s a sweet, creamy ice cream made from frozen pineapple chunks! Same idea, different deliciousness. Here’s the recipe!