If you haven’t had chocolate and pumpkin together, you’ve got to try it! These chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies are moist, sweet and loaded with chocolate chips and rich pumpkin flavor. You just need 5 ingredients plus spices! Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my favorite fall treat. I love this recipe for them because it’s so simple, and the cookies are 100% awesome. Pumpkin, oats, maple syrup, chocolate chips, a little coconut oil and some seasonings everyone has is all it takes to whip up a batch of these, and they come out moist, sweet and full of rich pumpkin flavor. The only problem with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies is I want to eat the whole batch in 10 minutes. So this year I decided to add some oatmeal to make them even more hearty and satisfying. It helped…they lasted two whole days, and I even gave my mom and Graeme a few. The oatmeal made them even better, adding a nice chewy texture. Graeme, who is admirably truthful about my recipes _and_ not one to avoid sugar, dairy or gluten, loved them. So I think these would be a great bet to share with friends, family, co-workers and pretty much everyone you can think of. Don’t even tell them it’s healthy if it’s going to ruin their good time.
Speaking of sharing, you’ll get between 1 1/2 to 2 dozen chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies from the recipe. It just depends on how big you make them or in my case, how much batter gets eaten before they’re even baked.
You’ll need some quick oats to make these. I recently discovered you can make your own quick oats from regular old-fashioned oats by pulsing them up a little in your food processor – how neat is that? I did a little post about it here.
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
These chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies are easy to make, totally satisfying and full of pumpkin-chocolate chip goodness. They're easy to make gluten free, vegan and clean.
24 minCook Time
24 minTotal Time
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 1/2 c quick oats (certified gf if needed)
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wet ingredients:
- 2/3 c pure canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2/3 c of your favorite chocolate chips or chunks
- Heat the oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a baking mat, or spray with nonstick.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Stir the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl, then stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Drop by 2 Tbs spoon fulls onto the cookie sheet, or use a cookie scoop. Place 12 cookies on the sheet. The cookies don't spread much during baking, so flatten them slightly with your palm.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
[img src=http://eathealthyeathappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pumpkin_oatmeal_cookies_nutrition.jpg width=245 height=267 class=aligncenter size-full title=Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Nutrition alt=Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Nutrition]
Pin this chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal cookie goodness! Pumpkin and chocolate has to be my favorite fall flavor combo. What are yours?