This easy mango black bean salsa is addictive! Perfect with chips or scooped on top of your favorite veggie burger – YUM. Naturally vegan and gluten free, healthy all-natural ingredients.
Mango black bean salsa is one of those dishes that always impresses me. Mango, black beans, hints of heat and zesty freshness all coming together to make a gorgeous salsa. That has to take some skillz, right?
No. Well, whoever thought it up had AMAZING skillz, with a capital Z. But making mango black bean salsa is easy! With a capital !
The hardest part is chopping up the mango. By hard I mean it takes slightly longer to chop a mango than a tomato.
You know the deal with cutting mango…cut it in half around the pit, dig the pit out, cut a little crosshatch pattern in the pulp and then turn it inside out and cut the little mango squares you made.
I always see people doing this on Youtube and it looks perfect. Every time I do it, it looks like I did it with my feet.
WHO CARES IT’S STILL MANGO. And no one has ever said to me, “Gin! This mango black bean salsa is amazing…but did you cut the mango with your feet?”
So don’t worry about it. As long as you get some chunks of mango in there, you’ve done it all. And if you actually can cut a mango with your feet, you’re my hero.
I like to wing it when I’m coming up with recipes. It doesn’t always work. In fact, there’s a blueberry zucchini bread sitting on my stove right now that resembles pudding and I’ve been eating it. Wut.
The first few times I tried winging mango black bean salsa it was bad. Not being a born mango expert, I had no idea what to season it with to get the flavors to pop. I kept making it taste like cold, fruity chili. It was so bad I couldn’t even be in denial.
I needed some help on this one, so I got with Google and found this Black Bean and Mango Salsa recipe
But is does have lime juice, orange juice, and ginger. In other words, mango seasonings. I was not going to think of those things. Well played, Food Network. Thanks for the lesson in Things That Make Mango Taste Awesome.
Now that I know how to make it delicious, I love mango black bean salsa. Especially in the summer!
- it’s like a freaking fruit and veg kalidescope. Best Colors Ever.
- it’s A+++ healthy. This is a fat-free bowl of fiber, protein and vitamins.
- it’s quick and easy and no cooking.
- it’s exotic to me. And summer is exotic to me. Add mangoes to temperatures over 85 degrees and I feel like I’m chillin’ in Baja.
- it takes wraps and veggie burgers to an amazing land of mango deliciousness.
- it plus chips plus dranks plus a citronella candle = ghetto Baja vacay!
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
This easy mango black bean salsa is addictive! Perfect with chips or scooped on top of your favorite veggie burger - YUM. Naturally vegan and gluten free, healthy all-natural ingredients.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 c cooked black beans (or a 15 oz. can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 a medium red onion, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, pulp and seeds squeezed out and chopped
- about a 1/2" piece of fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and stems, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped (poblano is fairly mild but adds some heat)
- zest from 1 lime
- zest from 1/2 an orange
- 3 medium limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir together. Keeps refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Pin it! This is a recipe I use over and over, bet you will too.
Here’s a thought-provoker for you: do you ask for help when you need it? Do you know when it’s time to say hey. This isn’t working. Someone give me a clue! Or do you need to struggle around and make a bunch of cold, fruity chili before admitting things aren’t working out exactly as you’d envisioned?
If you’re like me, a maker of much cold fruity chili, I get it. But the more I get into this asking for help thing, the more I love it. It’s improved my mango black bean salsa a lot, for starters
Find me here:
Pinterest: Eat Healthy Eat Happy/happy foodista