Easy Mexican Brown Rice Bake makes dinner healthy, fast and fun!
Skill level: EASY
Kitchen basics like using the oven and chopping veggies are all you need to make this recipe.
Easy Mexican Brown Rice Bake is a smart food choice. It’s a great source of whole grains, lean protein and fresh vegetables. Each serving has:
• 330 calories
• 8g fiber
• 11g protein
• 10 Weight Watchers Smartpoints®
• essential vitamins and nutrients
Easy Mexican Brown Rice Bake is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free friendly!
This is a meal that makes dinner fun! Bright colors, Mexican flavors, easy cooking and quick clean-up = weeknight fiesta!
Make it your way!
Easy Mexican Brown Rice Bake is a basic recipe you can change up with a few ingredient swaps! Unleash your creativity, or try some of these easy ideas:
Hot n’ Fiery
Add Anaheim, poblano, jalapeño, hatch or habanero peppers • use hot taco sauce • top with hot salsa
Use canned refried beans instead of black beans • add meatless ground crumbles or crushed walnuts • top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, dairy or dairy-free sour cream and chile sauce
Use salsa verde instead of taco sauce • add meatless chik’n • use white or Jack dairy or dairy-free cheese • top with dairy or dairy-free sour cream and salsa verde
Healthy AF (Clean Eating)
Pin it for later!
Before you start
For the Healthy AF (Clean Eating) variations you’ll need to make taco sauce, cauliflower rice and/or paleo cheddar in advance.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (prepared from instant or frozen is fine)
- a 15.25 oz. can no-salt-added black beans, drained
- 3/4 c frozen corn kernels
- a 16 oz. bottle of your favorite taco sauce
- 1/2 of a small onion, chopped
- a medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese or a dairy-free substitute
- a few pinches of cumin, chili powder and/or no salt seasoning OR taco seasoning mix (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped or torn (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Chop veggies.
- Stir the rice, beans, corn, taco sauce, pepper and onion together.
- Spread the rice mix in a 9" x 9" nonstick pan. If you don't have a nonstick pan, spray your pan with cooking spray before putting the rice in.
- Top with cheese or substitute.
- Sprinkle with spices (optional).
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and cilantro leaves before serving. (optional)
Nutrition info is based on the original recipe ingredients.
More easy, healthy dinners with brown rice!
Make it meatless/dairy free! Try meatless ground crumbles for turkey, vegetable broth for chicken broth, dairy-free cheese for Mexican cheese blend.
Make it dairy free! Try VeganEgg for eggs, dairy-free cheese for cheddar.
Make it meatless/dairy free! Try meatless ground crumbles for turkey, dairy-free cheese for cheddar or mozzarella.