Indian Spiced Baked Kale Chips Recipe – kale chips are one of my favorite snacks. They’ve got the crispy crunchiness of chips and the healthy healthiness of kale. And when I season them like this, they also have the savory, exotic spiciness of an Indian buffet. Indian spiced baked kale chips for the win!
This is pretty much (well, exactly) a seasoning blend to put on your kale chips. If you already have a baked kale chips recipe that works for you, do that and use this to season them. If you don’t have a favorite recipe or you feel like going wild and trying something new, here’s my method for super crispy baked kale chips. It works great for me, plus it incorporates the silly fun of blow drying kale. You haven’t lived till you’ve styled a vegetable.
Even Graeme, a fairly picky eater who tends to distrust vegetables and exotic spices, loves these. And I, a mad lover of vegetables bathed in exotic spices, also love them. Snack harmony achieved.
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
This Indian Spiced Kale Chips Recipe satisfies chip cravings with exotic flair.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (if you don't have it on hand, use more curry powder)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- pinch or two paprika (smoked if you have it)
- pinch or two hot pepper flakes
- pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 300. Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the kale, cut out the stems and tear the leaves into large pieces. Put the leaves in a mixing bowl with the oil, and rub it in well to coat the leaves.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the kale and toss and rub it in to make sure all the pieces get well seasoned. Spread the leaves evenly on the cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Rotate the sheet and bake another 8-10 minutes. Let the chips cool completely before transferring to a container.
- Check out my post with step-by-step pics showing how to get your kale chips super crispy. 🙂
[img src="http://eathealthyeathappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/kale_chips_nutrition.jpg" width="248" height="286" class="aligncenter size-full" title="kale_chips_nutrition"]
Here’s a cute Pinnable image for your boards: