Lemon basil pasta with walnut Parmesan is easy, healthy, satisfying and packed with fresh flavor! Vegan, gluten free and made with whole ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links.
This lemon basil pasta with walnut Parmesan is seriously spirit-lifting. Fresh, zingy, bright, easy, quick, natural, colorful…this is a bowl of happy! Guaranteed to restore the spring in your step if it’s on the fritz.
Make this lemon basil pasta because:
- DELICIOUS. Fresh and zesty! It’s lemon and basil heaven.
- QUICK. Ready in about the time it takes to boil some pasta. If you’re like me and take forever to do everything, it’ll be ready before you are!
- HEALTHY. A one-stop pasta shop for fiber, protein, efficient calories and a queen’s ransom of vitamins and nutrients. And it’s vegan!
- BONUS – It’s a DATE-NIGHT DINNER. Get together with a good book or movie and a nice bottle of white, whip up some lemon basil pasta and you’re set. You could share it with another person even!
I wondered if there would be much difference between a grater and an actual, purpose-built zester. Ha, yes! The difference is huge. Zesters shave off zest, cleanly and beautifully, instead of grinding it off to stick in those little grater holes until you slam it on the counter a few times. I tried it with ginger and chocolate too, and it shaved them up beautifully.
I’m truly in love with my zester. It’s a cooking (and food photography) game changer. You can get the Deiss PRO zester from Amazon, and apply coupon code VDN4WCH6 on the checkout page to save 15% through January 1.
Lemon basil pasta is good on its own, but it’s even better with some Parmesan. I made this healthy, yummy Walnut Parmesan to go with my lemon basil pasta. It’s so good! If you’re open to a nut-based Parmesan, get ready to fall in love.
Yields 4 servings
Lemon Basil Pasta with Walnut Parmesan is quick, easy, fresh and delicious. A perfect, healthy, light meal.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 servings gluten free (or regular) spaghetti
- 1 c pasta cooking water
- juice from 1-2 lemons (2 will make it very lemony)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 packed cup fresh basil, roughly torn
- 1/2 c walnut parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest from 2 lemons
- about 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- extra walnut Parmesan and basil (optional)
- 1 c walnut halves and pieces
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Save 1 cup of the cooking water before draining.
- Transfer the pasta back to the pot and toss in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss in the basil.
- Toss in the walnut Parmesan.
- Stir in the cup of pasta cooking water and raise heat to medium. Heat the pasta through, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with lemon zest, cherry tomatoes, extra basil and extra walnut Parmesan.
Pin this Lemon Basil Pasta and be ready when fresh, quick and delish is calling your name.
Lemon and basil is one of my favorite flavor combos, and they’re magic on pasta. What are some of your favorite pasta flavors/seasonings? I’d love to hear what you’re into!
If you make this or any of my recipes, take a pic and tag it #eathealthyeathappy on Instagram so I can see. Lots of you are doing this and I LOVE IT! 😀 Do it more!
Find me here:
Pinterest: Eat Healthy Eat Happy/happy foodista