Let’s get loaded! Soup, that is. This lentil and tomato soup is loaded with extra goodness! Vegan, gluten free and made from healthy, whole ingredients.
Nothing says come in from the cold, kick your boots off and relax like a big bowl of this Loaded Lentil and Tomato Soup. It’s one of my favorite winter dinners!
My Loaded Lentil and Tomato Soup is just that; a lentil and tomato soup that’s loaded with bonus goodies like mushrooms, carrots and spinach. It’s also loaded with layers of rich, savory flavor that hug my taste buds. Loaded – just what I need to be after an afternoon shoveling snow!Let's get loaded! This lentil and tomato soup is loaded with extra goodness! #vegan #glutenfreeClick To Tweet
You need this Loaded Lentil and Tomato Soup in your life because:
- It’s FILLING. No need for a sandwich or side with this one (thanks lentils and veggies). It’s a bowl of MEAL.
- It’s DELICIOUS. Layers and layers of aromatics, spices and tried and tested ingredients give it rich, zesty flavor. It cheers me up on the coldest, dreariest winter days!
- It’s HEALTHY. It’s low fat, under 200 calories per cup, and each serving is packed with vitamins, fiber and protein. It’s got the stuff a body craves. Plus vegan, clean and gluten free!
- It’s EASY. One pot, no tricky techniques, common ingredients you can find anywhere. You probably already have most of them!
- It’s CONVENIENT. The recipe makes about 8 cups of soup and keeps well, so you’ll be covered for a few meals. Less cooking = more chilling!
One of my favorite ways to top Loaded Lentil and Tomato Soup is with this Easy Walnut Parmesan. It adds even more flavor!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 10 oz. package button mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1/2 c red cooking wine
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp no-salt herb seasoning
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 10 c water
- 2 6 oz. cans no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 14.5 oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut palm sugar, maple syrup or agave
- 3 Tbs low-salt tamari or low-salt soy sauce
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 c lentils, any color
- 1/2 of a 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Add the oil to a large cooking pot with a lid.
- Add the sliced carrots and raise the heat to medium.
- Add the chopped onion and saute about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cooking wine and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder, no-salt herb seasoning, paprika and cumin and saute 1-2 minutes to let the spices bloom. The mixture will look dry.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Reduce the heat slightly, lid the pot loosely so heat and steam can escape and let simmer about 40 minutes. Stir frequently.
Pin it for later!
Keep tagging me #eathealthyeathappy with what’s cooking, I love seeing your kitchen masterpieces!
Find me here:
Pinterest: Eat Healthy Eat Happy/happy foodista