If you love peanut butter for breakfast, you’ve got to try these No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars. They’re sweet, crunchy-chewy, fabulously high in fiber and protein AND they actually have enough peanut butter flavor to satisfy hard-core peanut butter fanatics!I adapted my recipe from Cupcakes and Kale Chips’ Honey Nut No-Bake Granola Bars. My version uses maple syrup so vegan friends can enjoy, and I couldn’t resist replacing all the nuts with peanuts. Of course.
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
10 minPrep Time
1 minCook Time
11 minTotal Time
- 1 c dates, pitted
- 1 1/4 c crisp brown rice cereal
- 1 c quick oats (toasting optional)
- 2 Tbs flax meal
- 1/2 c plain roasted peanuts (skins on is fine)
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line an 8"x8" pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Pulse the dates in a food processor until finely chopped. Toss the dates, cereal, oats, flax and nuts together in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- Combine the syrup and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minutes, stirring every 15-20 seconds. Stir in the salt, cinnamon and vanilla when the mixture's a pourable liquid.
- Pour over the oat-cereal mixture and stir well to combine. Press firmly into the pan and refrigerate at least an hour before cutting bars. Store bars in the fridge.
Prep time includes roasting raw peanuts and toasting oats.
[img src="http://eathealthyeathappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/label-8.png" width="298" height="494" class="aligncenter size-full" title="nutrition info" alt="nutrition info"]