I love snacking on oven-crispy Indian spiced chickpeas! Lots of fiber and protein in every serving, plus full-on flavor and CRUNCH!
I have a deep thought for you.
It’s not the destination, it’s the journey. And it’s not the meals, although meals and destinations are awesome. It’s the snacks. The snacks and the journey.
Snacks are fuel for the journey.
Truths of the universe happen here.
It takes a pretty rad snack to inspire universal truths. Oven-Crispy Indian Spiced Chickpeas are that snack. They’re a perfect storm of great nutrition, spicy deliciousness, incredible crunch and the ancient snacking tradition of grabbing stuff by the handful.
When I grab a handful of these I know I’m getting legit servings of fiber and protein. Plus the fiber and protein make them actually satisfying, and they’re so crunchy they keep me chewing for minutes on end.
And then Indian spices!!! Perfect just got perfecter.
Oven-Crispy Indian Spiced Chickpeas are:
- a good source of fiber, protein and minerals
- quick and easy to make
- crunchier than anything ever
- delightfully spicy
- a great pre-workout, between meals or just because snack
- made with whole ingredients
- naturally vegan and gluten free
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
I love snacking on oven-crispy Indian spiced chickpeas! Lots of fiber and protein in every serving, plus full-on flavor and crunch!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 15 oz. can or 1 1/2 c cooked chickpeas (drain and rinse well if using canned)
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash salt
- Heat oven to 400.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Leave the chickpeas in the oven while it cools down.
Because Pinning! And snacking.
Do you love to snack? What’s your favorite between-meal nosh?