I’m so in love with blackberry vinaigrette that I came up with a salad especially for it. Juicy plums, crisp-toasted pecans, sharp green onions and earthy spinach, all drenched in tart-sweet, mellow blackberry vinaigrette.
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 c pecan pieces
- 10 oz./9 cups fresh spinach
- 3 plums, pitted and sliced
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup thawed-from-frozen blackberries (or use fresh if it's convenient)
- 1/2 recipe Easy Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Place a nonstick skillet on high heat for about a minute, then turn it down to medium and add the pecans. Toast, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until the pecans start to look slightly toasty and take on a nice fragrance. Make some blackberry vinaigrette if you haven't already.
- Divide the spinach into three servings, then top with the remaining ingredients and dressing OR combine everything in a large airtight container and portion out servings as you like. The salad will keep in the fridge for a day.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
Per 238g: 165 calories (94 calories from fat); 10.4g fat (16%)(0g trans); 0mg cholesterol (0%); 81mg sodium (3%); 16.0g carbohydrates (5%); 7.2g fiber (29%); 5.0g protein; Vitamin A 186%; Calcium 12%; Vitamin C 73%; Iron 22%; Potassium 22%
Pin this pecan plum blackberry salad deliciousness!
And here’s the dressing that inspired this raging salad: my Easy Blackberry Vinaigrette. A little sweet, a little tangy, super fresh and perfect on almost every spring or summer salad.
If you have some blackberries left over, treat yourself to this fabulous no-churn blackberry ice cream! It’s made with coconut milk, natural sweetener and of course blackberries! Better than everything.