How’s this for a fusion recipe? Rich, creamy pumpkin spice cheesecake wrapped up in a cute, crisp little wonton package! How fun would these be at any gathering between now and Thanksgiving? Pretty fun, methinks.
I’ve been on a total wonton kick recently, so when I saw Chef In Training’s square Baked Cream Cheese Rangoons looking so gorgeous I had to try them. Only I had to fill mine with pumpkin spice cheesecake. I’ve made a lot of these square wontons at this point, and never once have mine come out as pretty as hers. Still, I didn’t let that hold me back from making a step-by-step guide on how to fold them. I’m pleased with myself for figuring out how to get them all sealed up and looking sort of cute, so I had to share.
This is slightly off-topic, but bear with me. Since I didn’t manage to feature it well in any of my shots, I wanted to show you this adorable tiny pumpkin-looking gourd I picked up at a roadside produce stand a few miles from my house. I got three of these plus five gigantic red peppers for $5! That may have been my produce score of the year. Roadside stands are where it’s at, even if buy way more stuff than you know what to do with. If all else fails, parboil and freeze until you figure out what you’re doing.
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
30 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
36 minTotal Time
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese (I like Tofutti brand)
- a heaping 1/4 c pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 20 won ton wrappers
- 1 egg for sealing wontons
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar for dusting over
- Combine the first group of ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Heat the oven to 375. Fill the won tons as you like, or use this step by step guide . Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick and arrange the won tons on it. Bake for 5-6 minutes. The top edges of the won tons will be just golden brown.
Per wonton, about 25g: 67 calories (25 calories from fat); 2.7g fat (4%)(0g trans); 9mg cholesterol (3%); 78mg sodium (3%); 9.4g carbohydrates (3%); 1.4g protein; Vitamin A 12%; Calcium 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Iron 2%; Potassium 0%