Simple vegetarian one pot pasta = awesome weeknight dinner! Healthy and delicious, only eight ingredients and hardly any clean-up! No added oil, vegan friendly.
We’ve been loving this simple vegetarian one pot pasta. Best weeknight dinner EVER!
I love how easy it is to make. Only eight ingredients, and because it’s all made in ONE POT there’s hardly any clean-up! I can get a satisfying, healthy dinner
on the table on the coffee table in front of the couch by the tv, fast and easy.
Graeme loves it because it’s a hearty pasta with spinach and meatless ground beef he can really dig into. They make it healthy and delicious, and even though he’s not vegetarian the meatless ground beef satisfies. He proves that real men don’t need meat at every meal to survive.
And since he’s my right hand man for washing up, he loves the one pot-ness too. Great home cooked food + healthy and vegetarian – a whole bunch of dishes to wash = AWESOME.
- 11 - 16 oz. meatless ground beef crumbles, any brand (sizes vary)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 24 oz. jar pasta sauce
- 1 c water
- 8 oz. pasta, any shape
- 10 oz. bag fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese (regular or dairy free) per serving
- Brown the crumbles in a large nonstick skillet or pot on medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, pasta sauce and water.
- Cover and turn the heat to high for 1 minute, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Stir in the pasta, cover and turn the heat down to low-med.
- Cook 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Fold in the spinach (half at a time is easiest).
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional) and serve topped with Parmesan.
Recipe notes –
• Meatless ground beef crumbles are usually in the frozen foods section of your grocery store and come in a variety of sizes and brands. Common brands include:
MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Crumbles™ (12 oz, vegetarian)
Beyond Beef® Crumble | Beyond Meat (11 oz, vegan)
Boca Veggie Ground Crumbles (12 oz, vegan)
Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Ground (13.7 oz, vegan)
Quorn™ Meatless and Soy Free Grounds (12 oz, vegetarian)
Lightlife™ Smart Ground® Original Meatless Crumbles (12 oz, vegan, found in dairy or produce aisles)
Any of these should work in your one pot pasta. You can always use more if you want.
• If you don’t mind extra cooking and want a lower sodium, less processed sauce, try my Easy Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce. It’s shown here with Gardein Veggie Meatballs, yum! The recipe makes slightly more sauce than you’ll need for the one pot pasta.
• Try my Easy Walnut Parmesan for a healthy, dairy-free alternative to Parmesan cheese.
I can’t get enough one pot meal recipes. Here are some awesome vegetarian one pot/pan recipe collections I’m loving!Simple vegetarian one pot pasta = awesome weeknight dinner! #healthy #onepot #meatlessmondayClick To Tweet
Nutrition information was calculated at Nutrifox.com using MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Crumbles™ (12 oz), regular Parmesan cheese and generic 24 oz. spaghetti sauce. Values will change depending on ingredients used.