Turn up the heat with Sriracha roasted nuts! They’re a healthy snack that disappears fast!
Here’s Sriracha roasted nuts in a nutshell (har):
Nuts? Yes! Healthy snack. Crunchy, full of protein, fiber and antioxidants. Satisfying. Mmm!
Sriracha? Yes! Zesty, a little fiery, makes everything taste exciting. Naturally vegan, gluten free, fat free and a little goes a long way. Mmm!
Nuts roasted in Sriracha? YESYESYESOMGPLEASEINEEDMOREPOURTHESEALLOVERMYBODYILOVETHEMSOMUCH
I posted a recipe for Sriracha roasted peanuts a few years ago. I thought they were great at the time. But I’ve been making a lot of Sriracha roasted nuts in the meantime, and I’ve figured out how to make them easier, healthier and yes…awesomer.
What could be more awesome than nuts roasted in Sriracha?!? Nuts roasted in Sriracha…better.
I add a little salt and a small whoop of coconut sugar to give the flavor !!! factor. I also add some lime juice for some subtle earthy tartness. Earthy tartness, that’s what limes do. And do it well.
I like to use peanuts as my Sriracha roasted nuts, but you can use any nuts you like. The roasting slightly mellows the Sriracha fire and gets two (TWO) layers of spicy goodness to adhere to the nuts. The roasting time and method will be the same no matter what nuts you’re Sriracha-fying.
I favor peanuts because a) CHEAP b) delicious c) still a great source of nutty nutritional goodness.
Peanuts need a new agent. They need to call whoever is representing almonds and cashews right now. Peanuts are freaking brimming with protein, fiber and antioxidant vitamins and minerals. Yet they’re totally overlooked!
ATTENTION HIPSTERS: I need your help. Make peanuts hip. No one’s listening to me, I cut the necks off all my t-shirts and have tattoos from the late 90’s. But you can turn it around for peanuts. They deserve it! I want to see peanuts in hand-thrown bowls at local brewpubs, peeking out of picnic baskets strapped to Vespas, starring in Snapchats…get peanuts lit.
Gin/Eat Healthy Eat Happy
Sriracha roasted nuts are a healthy, high protein snack with a fiery kick! 5 ingredients, no added oil, naturally vegan and gluten free.
5 minPrep Time
22 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 3 c plain unsalted roasted nuts
- 1 c Sriracha, divided
- juice from 1 lime, divided
- 2 Tbs sugar (I use coconut)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with a baking mat, or coat with nonstick spray.
- Combine 1/2 c Sriracha, juice from 1/2 lime, the sugar and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the nuts and stir well to get them evenly coated. Don't wash the bowl, you'll need it again.
- Spread the nuts in an even layer on the cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool a few minutes.
- Combine the rest of the Sriracha and lime juice in the bowl. Dump the nuts from the cookie sheet into the bowl and stir well to get them coated with the second layer of Sriracha.
- Spread them back out on the cookie sheet and bake another 10-12 minutes. Let them stand about 5-10 minutes before eating. They crisp up as they cool.
- They keep at least two weeks stored in a jar or airtight container.
So what to do with the rest of that Sriracha? Sriracha Wilted Spinach, that’s what. It takes about 10 minutes and is made of awesome. And Sriracha and spinach.
Find me here:
Pintrest: Eat Healthy Eat Happy/happy foodista
Have a good vibe!