But this is the best summer I can remember since I was a kid: biking, hiking, tons of picture taking, lots of friendly fireflies and blueberries on sale every week at the store. Life is good.One thing that’s particularly awesome this summer is Graeme and I are really enjoying our bodies. That sounds wrong in every way, but wait. Get literal with me for a moment. We’re just loving the heck out of feeling good. We’re like kids again – outside all the time, riding our bikes everywhere, getting lost on hikes and not even caring. We’re having so much fun we accidentally got in shape. Bonus.
I’m loving how energized (and ok, cute) I feel, and having some breathing room in my jeans is pretty sweet. This sounds like a job for a sensible weight management strategy. For starters, I’m eating a lot more fruit. It is, after all, nature’s candy. Now I’m a crazed cherry fiend!
I’m also paying attention to my portion sizes – yes, this is still me talking and using Benefiber® Healthy Shape is actually helping! It helps me feel full longer, so I don’t do stuff like demolish an entire bag of trail mix while we’re still in the car on the way to the trail. #nojudgement Seriously, it helps me curb cravings. Impressive. I like how easy it is to use, too. I just stir it into my drinks, smoothies, oatmeal, whatever moist noshable I happen to be working on at the moment. I sometimes add it right in when I’m cooking. It just disappears completely, no taste at all.
Which brings me to these summer berry smoothie bowls, which definitely count as a moist nosh able: sweet, juicy strawberries, blueberries and my beloved cherries, frozen and whizzed up into bowls of fruity soft-serve. I like to blend my Benefiber® Healthy Shape right in there. And then top in a manner that makes me feel like a fancy breakfast princess.
These are the berries, all chopped up and ready to freeze. The blueberries were already frozen because I have about 10 pounds of blueberries in my freezer. Don’t be jelly. I use a straw to pop the pits out of the cherries nice and easy. Just press through the top and the pit squirts right out.
It’s even pretty before it hits the bowl. I love seeing all the little bits of berry in there!
Summer berry smoothie bowls are the perfect start to a fun summer day!
- 2 c chopped strawberries
- 2 c blueberries
- 1 c cherries, pitted
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 2 tbs. pure maple syrup
- 4 rounded tbsp. of Benefiber® Healthy Shape
- Arrange the fruit in a shallow layer in a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight. I like to freeze mine the night before.
- Combine the frozen fruit and syrup in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Divide between two bowls or store half in the freezer. Stir in and top with whatever you like.
Clinical studies show benefits with regular use. A weight management program should include a healthy diet and regular exercise. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Benefiber® Healthy Shape Trademark is owned by GSK Group of companies.
I just have to say it again. SUMMER!!! I’m wondering: what says summer to you? What do you like to get out and get up to? Have you ever had an accidental shape-up, and how did you keep it going? Is appetite control an issue for you, too? Have you thought of adding Benefiber® Healthy Shape to your weight management plan or routine? I’d love to hear from you – plus your comment will enter you to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/8/2016– 9/8/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Benefiber® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare