Thai Rice Noodles with Tofu is a quick, easy meatless meal. Better than going out for Thai!In my last post, I mentioned my favorite thing to do with Thai basil pesto is put it on rice noodles. That’s a pretty general statement, so if you’re like me and kinda want a recipe to refer to before you start tossing not-totally-familiar ingredients around, here it is. This is an easy way to make rice noodles and Thai basil pesto sauce into a wonderful, healthy plant-based meal.
If you love Thai flavors and healthy recipes that are so low maintenance they practically make themselves, I’m really happy. Because you’re going to love this. Pesto’s done in 5 minutes. The noodles are done in 10. Cut up some tofu, crush a handful of peanuts, toss it all together and I’m ready to enjoy a meal with lots of rejuvenating veggie protein and so much flavor I seriously can’t think about anything except deliciousness while I’m eating it. It’s meditatively delicious.Here’s the infamous pesto, which I tried to artfully arrange to show how madly in love with it I am. It’s Thai basil leaves (you can read more about them in the pesto post), sesame oil, peanuts, garlic, hot pepper flakes and a few other goodies you just toss into the food processor for a few minutes. Sometimes the best tasting stuff takes the least effort, and I love when that happens.
Cut up some tofu and put it in there for some lovely texture and protein, and toss in a handful of crushed peanuts for ditto and you’re done. I sometimes squeeze some lime over mine if I have it around. And that’s it!
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
Thai Rice Noodles with Tofu is a quick, easy meatless meal.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- Thai Basil Pesto:
- 2 c Thai basil leaves (some stems are fine too)
- 3 Tbs plain roasted peanuts
- 1 Tbs your favorite sweetener (I like agave and coconut sugar)
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar (or plain white vinegar)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- about 1/5 of a 7 oz. box of rice noodles (2 servings, give or take)
- 1/2 a 14 oz. block extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- about 1/4 c plain roasted peanuts, crushed
- Combine the pesto ingredients in a food processor and puree to the consistency you like. Boil some water, turn it off and cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and add the pesto, tofu and peanuts. Toss to combine and serve.
Here’s a nice Pinnable image for your boards.And if you want to see more Thai basil pesto action…