My peanut sauce stir fry with veggies and cauliflower rice is fresh, fun and satisfying. Lower calories = more noshing!
This post contains affiliate links, and Anthony’s Goods provided the peanut flour for this recipe. Thanks Anthony’s, I love your stuff!
I love peanut sauce stir fry. I love fried rice. I love meals that are so freaking veggie-packed I can eat LOTS and feel fabulous.
Thus, Super Veggie Peanut Sauce Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice was born. So much fresh veggies, so much savory peanut sauce goodness, so much nosh.
This would be super high calorie if I’d used regular peanut butter in my peanut sauce. But I didn’t!
Anthony’s Goods came to me and was like
I was like YEAH. Where have you been all my life?
Peanut flour is the rich, delicious essence of peanut butter but with less fat and more concentrated protein. In other words, PERFECTION. Peanut flour means peanut sauce stir fry can be a reality in my life any time I want, even on days when lazy is yay and exercise is boo.
I know some of you are as madly in love with peanut butter flavor as I am. Fist bump. Do yourself a nice and get some peanut flour. It may be the best grocery purchase you make this month, or ever.
Look at all this parade of veggies. Red bell pepper, carrot, purple cabbage and broccoli. WHEE FUN COLORS!
These are classic veggies almost everyone likes. If you make this to share with someone and they say “EW, WHAT’S THAT??” to any of these, they were raised by wolves or they’re tripping balls. Either way, it’s going to be an interesting meal.
This used to be a whole head of cauliflower. Now it’s enjoying life as soon-to-be cauliflower rice. Cauliflower rice = big fiber, little calories. Big servings for all!
Here’s the magic peanut stir fry sauce that turns this veggie goodness into a pile of AWESOME. Simple seasonings, bold flavors, peanut flour wonderosity. Have a spoonful before you cook it up. Live life fully.
Get everything together in your wok and stir fry it up. If you don’t have a wok any large saute or saucepan will do, but it has to be LARGE. This is a lotta nosh!
Super Veggie Peanut Sauce Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice is served! Throw some random ingredients around the table for this funky-fresh food blog look.
Eat Healthy Eat Happy
My super veggie peanut sauce stir fry with cauliflower rice is fresh, fun and satisfying. Lower calories = more noshing!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Peanut Stir Fry Sauce:
- 3/4 c peanut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp [garlic powder|http://amzn.to/2151SWu]
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp [ground ginger|http://amzn.to/2152oDW]
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (use more if you like some kick)
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar (or use apple cider vinegar)
- 3 Tbs [tamari|http://amzn.to/1MNDl5Q], lower sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3/4 c water
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional but adds richer flavor)
- Super Veggie Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry:
- 1 medium head cauliflower, grated (not the core though)
- 4 c (about 1/2 a head) broccoli florets
- 2 c purple cabbage sliced into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, sliced on a slight diagonal
- 1-2 tsp peanut, olive or vegetable oil
- Optional: crushed roasted peanuts and chopped green onion tops for garnish
- Whisk all the peanut stir fry sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Grate the cauliflower using a food processor or by hand; set aside.
- Slice the rest of the veggies and set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium in a wok or large pan.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peanut stir fry sauce and red bell pepper and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Serve right away topped with green onion and crushed peanuts if you like.
The peanut stir fry sauce intensifies as it stands. Expect even more flavor the next day.
As I’m posting this I can’t find one nutritional calculator on the whole damn internet that’s working. I’ll add the nutritional info as soon as I can.
In the meantime, Pin it! Have you tried peanut flour? What are your favorite ways to use it?
What are your favorite veggies to stir fry?
Thanks again to Anthony’s Goods for the peanut flour. They have tons of healthy, organic ingredients at great prices, so check ’em out! Tell them I sent you for absolutely no discount at all.
Find me here:
Pinterest: Eat Healthy Eat Happy/happy foodista