Veggie noodle curry bowls = your favorite noodles, loaded with creamy, spicy sauce and lots of veggies! Perfect when you’re craving Indian restaurant flavor in a comforting, bowl-style meal. Vegan, healthy, delicious!
Veggie noodle curry bowls are one of my favorite weeknight meals. They give me that Indian restaurant food rush I’m always craving, in an easy to make, comforting noodle and veggie-packed bowl. And they’re loaded with plant protein, fiber and vitamins my body craves almost as much as I crave Indian food.
You need Veggie Noodle Curry Bowls in your life because:
- They’re delicious! Noodles rock, veggies rock, and the creamy sauce that holds them together is richly spiced and packed with flavor. And guess what – it’s carrot-based! And doesn’t taste like carrots! Sneaky veggies ftw.
- They’re frugal. My recipe makes a ton – what can I say, I like lots of food – so you can eat good and still have leftovers for another meal. The main ingredients are cost-effective: carrots, chickpeas, frozen veggies and two servings of your favorite noodles. You’ll also need some spices, and you probably have most of them on hand.
- They’re nutritious. Each serving has plenty of protein, fiber and vitamins to fuel you up, and enough carbs to keep you happy and energized. It’s all vegan goodness, and gluten free if you use gluten free noodles.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (regular is fine too)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- pinch hot pepper flakes
- water as needed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 1/2 c (1 lb.) carrots, chopped
- 2 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp salt-free herb seasoning
- 1 6 oz. can salt-free tomato paste
- 1 Tbs coconut palm sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- 2 servings of your favorite noodles or spaghetti (use gluten free if needed)
- 2 Tbs natural peanut butter
- 1/2 c noodle cooking water, reserved
- about 1 1/2 c cooked chickpeas (or a 15 oz. can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 15 oz. can diced salt-free tomatoes
- 1 lb. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 c frozen peas
- Combine the olive oil, chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, paprika, cumin, coriander and hot pepper flakes in a large, lidded cooking pot over medium-low heat. Stir and let the spices bloom for 2-3 minutes. Add a splash of water as needed if they look very dry.
- Add the chopped onion (and more water if needed), raise the heat to medium and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper, garlic powder and ginger and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, almond milk, salt, herb seasoning, tomato paste and sweetener. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and let simmer 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While that's simmering, cook two servings of noodles according to package instructions.
- Transfer the carrot mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy, then return it to the pot.
- Stir in the peanut butter and 1/2 c of the water from the noodles.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir in the chickpeas, diced tomatoes and frozen vegetables. Let simmer 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies are heated through.
- Drain the pasta if you haven't yet and stir it in. Heat through for a few minutes before serving.
Pin it and be ready for veggie noodle curry bowls anytime!
Here are some more of my favorite Indian recipes I think you’ll love!
Spicy Veggie Samosas (look for Twin Dragon brand and other vegan egg roll wrappers at Asian grocery stores)
Spicy Lentil Samosas (look for Twin Dragon brand and other vegan egg roll wrappers at Asian grocery stores)
What are your favorite Indian dishes? Leave a comment and let me know! And keep tagging me #eathealthyeathappy with what’s cooking, I love seeing your kitchen masterpieces!
Find me here:
Pinterest: Eat Healthy Eat Happy/happy foodista